Love pecan pie … but not the calories? Here is your answer. This pie tastes a lot like pecan pie, but is lower in calories.
1/3 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup pinto beans, cooked and mashed
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugars and eggs. Add in the mashed pinto beans and pecans.
- With an electric mixer, beat the filling on low speed until it is well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake the pie until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Create Your Own Unique Pie!
Does pie making daunt you? Are you wary of deviating from any pie-recipe you find, for fear that you’ll ruin the flavor of the resulting pie?
It doesn’t have to be that way!
Pie-Palooza 2017 is brought to you by Your Perfect Pie, a cookbook that breaks down pies into easily made component parts so you can unleash your pie-making creativity. Available on Amazon in both print and Kindle formats. Grab your copy today and start creating your perfect pie!