Celebrate the Pie for a Whole Month!
March 14, 2017, is National Pi Day, which celebrates not only the mathematical numeral but also the delicious dish that can be sweet, savory or anything in between. To help you celebrate the day in style, Carma’s Cookery is gathering up a group of pie and pastry authors so they can share some of their expertise with you. Each weekday in March 2017, a new post or recipe will be published either written by an author of a pie-related cookbook or other pastry expert or about them.
I’m still gathering experts (if you know any, please send them my way!), but you can find a tentative schedule of content here.
Never miss a post of Pie-Palooza 2017! Subscribe via email here!
For many people, the idea of baking a pie is intimidating, if not daunting. However, I’ve found that they can be quite easy to create and be an excellent outlet for a cook’s creativity. That’s why I wrote Your Perfect Pie, which breaks down pies into their three basic components: crust, filling and topping.
The idea of Pie-Palooza is to gather together in one place a wealth of pie-making expertise so that you can learn some of the best tips and tricks for making your own perfect pie creation. This blog tour in reverse will empower you to unleash your kitchen creativity with the versatile pie.
How to Participate in Pie-Palooza
Learn more about pies by checking out all the wonderful content my guest authors share during March. Spread the love by letting your friends know about your favorite posts in social media. Share your thoughts by posting your comments on each post. Expand your cooking horizons by checking out the various cookbooks on Amazon — links will be provided — and visiting the authors’ websites to learn more about them and their books.
Want to be one of this year’s featured authors? Before you decide, here are the rules:
- One unique article of 500-800 words about pies. You have two options for this:
- Submit an article you’ve written for Carma’s Cookery, or
- Supply a list of questions and your answers that I can turn into an interview post.
Whichever you believe will help you more, or be more convenient for you, is fine with me.
- Author’s Bio up to 100 words, preferably mentioning your pie-related cookbook.
- A picture to accompany your bio, preferably a headshot, but “action” shots are fine, too.
- An image of your book cover (or I can pull one from Amazon).
- Optional: One pie recipe — with attribution to you and an image to accompany the recipe.
Submit the above to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 19, 2017.
Promote your post once it is live via email, social media and/or your blog. The more you promote it, the better for all authors participating in the event.
What’s In It for You
- Free publicity for your cookbook.
- Increased traffic – A link to your website will be included with your post. And, not only will I be promoting your post, but readers of other posts will likely check out your post, as well.
- Increased sales of your cookbook – A link to your book on Amazon will be included with your post. There will also be a “Featured Authors” page with a picture of your cookbook linked to your book on Amazon.
- More subscribers to your email list – If you offer a opt-in gift to grow your list of readers, I will happily include a link to your opt-in (with a description of your incentive to entice readers to click) with your post.
Of course, results will vary, but if you provide high-quality content, you will have a greater chance of better results.