Over the past two weeks, I’ve been sharing recipes, tips, and ideas for a simple and easy to make Easter menu. Today I’m bringing it all together for you in one post (with links)!
Easter Menu Appetisers
Easter Menu Side Dishes
- Dressed Up Green Beans in a Slow Cooker – Cooking time: Up to 6 hours
- Slow Cooker Whipped Potatoes – Cooking time: 2 hours
- Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes – Cooking time: Up to 8 hours
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts – Cooking time: Up to 6 hours
- Slow Cooker Mac-n-Cheese – Cooking time: 2 hours
- Broccoli Slaw Salad
Easter Menu Main Dish
- Easter Ham in a Slow Cooker – Cooking time: 6 hours
Equipment You’ll Need … or Want
To prepare many of these dishes, you’ll need a slow cooker. In fact, it might be a good idea to have more than one! I have two, and one of them comes with a pot that is divided into two parts. There are also slow cookers that have multiple pots, made especially for use at parties.
Getting eggs to hard boil so they create nice, clean halves can be tricky. Often to get a dozen good-looking eggs, you need to cook two dozen! There are two ways around this conundrum: Buy eggs already hard boiled (you can find them in the refrigerator section of your grocery store) or use a specialty egg cooker.
You can simply spoon the egg filling into the halves and it looks just fine. But for that extra touch, you might want to use a pastry cone, cookie press or specialty egg maker.
And finally, to create a nice display, you might want to have a deviled egg tray. This is a special tray with egg-shaped indents that hold the eggs so they don’t flop over.
If you decide to have a sweet potato bar or any other type of “select your own toppings” display, it is helpful to have plenty of small bowls on hand. I like to use ramekins.
Planning an Easter Meal at Home?
Make it a relaxing, easy event with the tips, suggestions and recipes included in Easy Easter at Home, Carma’s Cookery’s latest report. Take a sneak peak at the Table of Contents, then grab a copy of your own!
- Planning Ahead: Easter Activities & Decorations
- Hosting Easter Without the Stress
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner?
- Share The Joy – You Don’t Have To Do Everything Yourself
- It’s Not Just About the Easter Bunny – A Short History of Easter
- Getting Creative with Leftovers
- Closing Words
- Crafting Ideas