Deviled eggs are the quintessential potluck food. Honestly, they’re so popular they’re known by many names: stuffed eggs, angel eggs, eggs mimosa, Russian eggs, dressed eggs, and picnic eggs. According to Wikipedia, the deviled egg goes as far back as ancient Rome, where they were traditionally served as a first course.
No matter the event, there is always someone who will bring a tray of them. And they disappear quickly! Here’s my take on this classic dish.
1 doz. large boiled eggs, cut in half, lengthwise
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 red onion, chopped finely
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Deviled Eggs Deluxe
- Scoop out egg yolks into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
Variations & Ideas
- Sprinkle with some diced green onion.
- arnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Replace mayonnaise with sour cream.
- Use 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese.
Planning an Easter Meal at Home?
Make it a relaxing, easy event with the tips, suggestions and recipes included in Easy Easter at Home, Carma’s Cookery’s latest report. Take a sneak peak at the Table of Contents, then grab a copy of your own!
- Planning Ahead: Easter Activities & Decorations
- Hosting Easter Without the Stress
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner?
- Share The Joy – You Don’t Have To Do Everything Yourself
- It’s Not Just About the Easter Bunny – A Short History of Easter
- Getting Creative with Leftovers
- Closing Words
- Crafting Ideas