- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (you may substitute water)
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge chicken breasts in this mixture. (Keep the flour mixture, too!)
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp butter until bubbly. Brown the chicken breasts on both sides in pan. Set aside on a dish.
- Add remaining butter to the pan and melt. Stir in reserved flour mixture until smooth. Add wine (or water). Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, bay leaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove chicken to plate.
- Stir sour cream into pan and cook until just heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley. Serve.
Source: This recipe was adapted from Great American Recipes