I’ve often been disappointed with coconut cream pies I’ve had at restaurants or purchased from a store. They just weren’t coconutty enough for me. That’s why I developed this Quick & Easy Frozen Coconut Cream Pie. If you are looking for a strong coconut flavor in your coconut cream pie, I discovered that adding coconut milk powder to the recipe does the trick without adding too much moisture. You can find it at any Asian market, as well as online. I’ve linked to some options below the recipe.
NOTE: Although you can keep this pie in the refrigerator, it loses its shape quickly. So store it in the freezer, but defrost for about 15 minutes before serving.
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk powder
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/3 cups coconut flakes
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed*
- 1 fully cooked pie crust
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Beat in sugar and coconut powder.
- Gradually add milk, beating until smooth.
- Fold in coconut and whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust and freeze until firm — at least four hours.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.
* If you’d rather not used whipped topping, you can use real whipped cream. Simply beat some heavy whipping cream in a cold bowl until stiff peaks form, and use that instead.
This recipe was excerpted from Your Perfect Pie.
Looking for a few more pie recipes to try?
Do you want to create your perfect, signature pie, but just can’t find the right recipe? Your Perfect Pie may just be the cookbook for you!
Breaking down the mystique of homemade pie into modules you can mix and match, this simple cookbook is sure to please. Learn more and grab your copy at: