- 1 lb Ground Beef
- ½ lb Ground Pork
- 1-12oz Jar of Kam’s Chili Sauce (1/4 jar for the meatball mix)
- ¾ C. Quaker® Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. chopped onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of Kam’s Chili Sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar of currant or grape jelly
Recipe courtesy of Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce.
- Mix all ingredients (except for grape jelly & Kam’s Chili Sauce). Gently shape into 1-inch balls.
- Put meatballs in the oven on a cookie sheet until browned. Remove the meatballs.
- Pour the chili sauce and the grape jelly into the skillet and heat, stirring constantly and simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- To keep warm place into a crockpot and keep covered on low.
Use Welch’s grape jelly or Cranberry Sauce. This recipe works great with pre-cooked, frozen meatballs. Just eliminate all of the meatball ingredients in the recipe, warm the sauce as above, then stir in the frozen meatballs with the heated sauce. Simmer on low to warm the meatballs through well, about 20 minutes, gently stirring them several times, then transfer them to a crockpot to keep warm if you like.
Frozen Meatballs in the Crockpot:
Heat the sauce on the stovetop. Place frozen meatballs into the crockpot and follow the suggestion on the bag of your brand of meatballs for heating. Generally speaking, you will need to allow about 3 hours for the meatballs to be ready to serve; about 2 hours on high, then another hour on low. Fresh cooked meatballs will only need to be held in the crockpot on low.
Substitute a pound of cocktail sausages for the meatballs, eliminate all other ingredients except for the chili sauce and grape jelly.