This recipe was created and submitted by Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg of Spork Foods, a Los Angeles-based gourmet vegan food company. The recipe is nutritious, gluten-free and vegan. To make the dish even faster, substitute the pistachios and dried cranberries with four Pistachio Chewy Bites.
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar*
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 10 oz fresh or frozen organic cranberries (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Dash sea salt
- 1/4 cup Setton Farms roasted, shelled Pistachio Kernels (roughly chopped)*
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries*
- Heat a 2-quart sauce pot and add water and brown sugar. Bring to simmer over medium heat and add cinnamon stick, fresh or frozen cranberries, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer covered until berries burst and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and add in diced pistachios and dried cranberries. Cook about 1-2 minutes uncovered and remove from heat.
- Serve warm or allow to cool, then refrigerate sauce overnight.
- Pistachio cranberry sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead.
* To make the dish faster, use 1/3 cup packed organic brown sugar and substitute pistachios and dried cranberries with four diced Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites.
© Spork Foods, 2014