Carma’s Note: The purple potatoes, included in this recipe, are one of many superfoods that pack a lot of nutrition in one simple food. Purple potatoes have two to three times the antioxidants of other potatoes and the plant chemicals that make them purple have numerous health benefits, including anti-cancer and heart-protective effects, as well as a boost for the immune system and protecting against age-related memory loss.
- Oil spray
- 4 small purple potatoes, but into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 chicken sausages, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, re-hydrated
- 1/4 cup sliced Katamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a sheet pay with oil.
- Place the potato rounds on the sheet pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake until tender, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the scramble. Heat the oil in a large saut´ pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and saut´ until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage, tomatoes and olives. Saut´ until the sausage is cooked through. Turn off the heat and toss with the feta cheese and basil. Serve warm over the roasted potatoes.