Want to make ice cream without the dairy? Try this one made from frozen banana. The peanut butter gives this banana ice cream texture and flavor.
Ingredients for Crunchy Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream
- 4 large very ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp crushed banana chips
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1 Tbsp small dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange them in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree them until the mixture is creamy and smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the peanut butter and puree to combine.
- Add in banana chips, peanuts and chocolate chips (if using). Blend until just mixed.
- Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.
Note: If you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 Tbsp of almond or coconut milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender! I recommend the Vitamix.
Don’t like peanut butter, you can make this banana ice cream your own with these suggestions:
- Use almond butter, sunflower seed butter, or any other nut or seed butter of your choice instead of the peanut butter.
- Use some other type of nuts or seeds instead of the peanuts.
- Try different kinds of chips instead of chocolate chips. I suggest peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips.
Take Charge of Your Health!
Changing your eating habits can be tough. But it doesn’t have to be if you take a little time to think it out and create a plan.
This Healthy Eating Worksheet will walk you through the process of creating a healthy eating plan. All you need to do is print it out, set aside some time to complete it, and then fill it out. Then you can create your plan, knowing that you have addressed potential obstacles and came up with some creative ways to handle them.