Are you looking for some kid-friendly vegetable recipes? Bella Cupcake Couture provides two creative options.
Creative Vegetable Recipes for Children
By the staff at Bella Cupcake Couture
When it comes to cooking, one of the greatest struggles is finding a vegetable recipe that is interesting and appealing for children. Knowing that vegetables are an essential aspect of proper nutrition, parents often have to find ways to make their kids want to eat vegetables as often as possible. So, if you’re looking for some creative ways to cook and present your vegetable dishes, you are in the right place. Here are some unique vegetable recipes that will surely unleash your kitchen creativity.
If you’re tired of seeing your kids munch on a bag of unhealthy potato chips, take matters in your hand and make amazing kale chips as an alternative.
- First, wash and dry the kale before removing the stems and cutting it into smaller, bite-size pieces.
- Then, generously pour some oil to cover the kale and season it with your seasonings of choice. You can simply season it with some sea salt or go the extra mile and use either cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, or maple syrup for added flavor.
- Once properly coated with your seasoning of choice, place the kale on a baking sheet. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan and have some space in between pieces so that the kale comes out nice and crisp.
- Place the pan in your oven to cook for about 15 minutes before stirring the pieces gently and let it completely bake until golden brown.
There is no doubt that kids love fried food. Taking this into consideration, here is how you can make popcorn cauliflower as an alternative for chicken. This can be an amazing movie snack or even a recipe good enough for lunch or dinner.
- First, cut your cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- To create the batter, mix a cup of buttermilk, ¾ cup of flour, 2 tablespoons of hot sauce, and a teaspoon of Kosher salt until smooth.
- Simply dredge your cauliflower florets in the batter until fully coated. Make sure to let the excess batter drip off before rolling the pieces on some breadcrumbs for an added crunch.
- Fry the cauliflower for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Let the popcorn drain on paper towels before serving with some ranch dressing.
Vegetables are an essential part of proper nutrition and a must for kids to grow as healthy as they can be. Taking this into consideration, it is important for parents to find creative ways to make vegetables feel, look, and taste familiar to their children. Hopefully, this article was able to provide you with amazing ideas for appealing vegetable recipes for kids.
Enjoyed these vegetable recipes?
Want more baking hacks and tips? The pro bakers from Bella Cupcake Couture are happy to help you out. Go to www.bellacupcakecouture.com.