Your slow cooker can act as an additional oven, baking foods such as these sweet potatoes.
- 3-5 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
Directions for Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil and put into the slow cooker. You can stack them but try not to over stuff your crock.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until your sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Sweet potatoes can go sweet or savory, so why not let your guests decide how they’d like them and create a sweet potato bar? Here are some suggestions for toppings you can include:
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Brown sugar
- Orange marmelade
- Whipped butter
- Sour cream
- Ricotta cheese
- Goat cheese
- Shredded cheddar
- Chopped green onions
- Sliced olives
- Bacon crumbles
- Chopped tomoato
- Chopped cilantro
- Satay sauce
Planning an Easter Meal at Home?
Make it a relaxing, easy event with the tips, suggestions and recipes included in Easy Easter at Home, Carma’s Cookery’s latest report. Take a sneak peak at the Table of Contents, then grab a copy of your own!
- Planning Ahead: Easter Activities & Decorations
- Hosting Easter Without the Stress
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner?
- Share The Joy – You Don’t Have To Do Everything Yourself
- It’s Not Just About the Easter Bunny – A Short History of Easter
- Getting Creative with Leftovers
- Closing Words
- Crafting Ideas