Summer is just around the corner and I’ve always thought of summer as Salad Season! Here’s a simple raspberry chicken salad you can use as a main dish for lunch or dinner. And because raspberries are in season during mid- to late summer — you can probably pick them up fresh at a local farmer’s market. You can use your favorite dressing, or use the one I’ve included below.
Ingredients for Raspberry Chicken Mixed Green Salad
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 lb. rotisserie or other cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- Salad dressing
Directions for Raspberry Chicken Mixed Green Salad
- Rinse and pat dry the greens. Divide among four chilled individual serving plates.
- Slice chicken and arrange on greens.
- Arange raspberries around the edges.
- Crumble goat cheese and sprinkle on top of salad.
- Drizzle salad dressing on top and serve.
Ingredients for Suggested Salad Dressing
- ½ cup lemon-flavored olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions for Suggested Salad Dressing
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar. Cover and shake until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
The Benefits of Raspberries
Did you know that just one cup of raspberries provides more than half of the minimum daily target for vitamin C? This means that they can help support immunity and skin health, as well as help your body produce collagen. This bright red summer fruit also contains manganese, vitamin K, vitamin E, B vitamins, magnesium, copper, iron, and potassium.
Despite their sweet taste, raspberries are low in sugar, containing only 5 grams of sugar per one cup of fresh raspberries. A single apple has about four times that amount! Raspberries also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. They are high in fiber and linked to a reduced risk of diabetes.