These have many names, from pecan balls or pecan cookies to Italian wedding cookies. The pecan balls are not very fattening even with the standard ingredients, but switching out almond or coconut flour for white flour gives them a nutritional up-tick.
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely ground pecans
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups sifted almond or coconut flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add pecans, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend in the flour and mix well.
- Shape into balls or crescents using about 1 Tbsp dough for each cookie. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown.
- Cool slightly then roll in powdered sugar.