For those of you who think that the grilled food is all about steaks and ribs or burgers and hot dogs, think again. You can cook a variety of healthy dishes on a grill, as you just need to look in the right direction.
Here is a grilled recipe that consists of peaches, green beans, and almonds. Don’t make that grim face seeing the ingredients because I can assure you that this recipe looks good and tastes delicious. So, just clean up your portable ceramic grill because it’s time to cook something healthy.
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 6 Persons
- 1 star anise
- 100 ml (just shy of 1/2 cup) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed and toasted
- 2 + 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 500 grams (18 oz) green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- The first thing is to make a pickling mixture and for that, you need to mix star anise, apple cider vinegar, sugar and coriander in a saucepan. Cook the mixture over low heat and keep stirring the mixture until the sugar fully dissolves. Once you get a consistent mixture, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
- Preheat the ceramic grill over high heat. Apply some extra virgin olive oil on peach wedges, and then place the wedges on the grates. Cook the wedges for a couple of minutes, flipping them just once. Once the wedges are charred, you can add them into the pickling mixture and leave it as it is for half an hour.
- n the meantime, blanch the green beans in a saucepan consisting of boiled salted water until the beans become tender. It will take around 2-3 minutes. Then, add the beans into the iced water for a minute, then drain the beans and place them on a bowl with sliced onions.
- Now, drain the peaches followed by adding them to the bowl where you’ve kept beans and onion slices. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on the top along with the pickling mixture. Finally, sprinkle some toasted almonds and serve.
About the Author
Monica Henin, the author of this recipe is a renowned blogger and food expert. She has written a countless number of blogs on food tips and healthy recipes, which you can find at Addonkitchen.com.