Are you looking for an easy way to prepare ham for the holidays? If you’ve got a slow cooker, then you’ve got the easiest way to make it of all! Simply prep the meat, pop into the slow cooker, and turn the slow cooker on. Here is a simple Easter ham recipe. I’ve included a couple of variations, too.
5-7 lbs ham (to fit into your slow cooker)
1/2 cup of your favorite mustard
1 cup brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
1 onion, quartered
- Cover ham in mustard and then rub with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Put inside your slow cooker. Add onions around the edges.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Instead of brown sugar, try some molasses or honey.
- Want a little kick? Toss in a few whole cloves.
- Add a few whole garlic cloves, in addition to the onion.
Planning an Easter Meal at Home?
Make it a relaxing, easy event with the tips, suggestions and recipes included in Easy Easter at Home, Carma’s Cookery’s latest report. Take a sneak peak at the Table of Contents, then grab a copy of your own!
- Planning Ahead: Easter Activities & Decorations
- Hosting Easter Without the Stress
- Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner?
- Share The Joy – You Don’t Have To Do Everything Yourself
- It’s Not Just About the Easter Bunny – A Short History of Easter
- Getting Creative with Leftovers
- Closing Words
- Crafting Ideas