There are many ways to achieve a moist, intensely chocolate Bundt cake. This recipe uses a cake mix as the basis, so it can be prepared quickly and easily.
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix (preferably the kind with the pudding in the mix)
- 1 4-serving box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate flavored yogurt (plain is fine as a substitute)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly dust the Bundt pan with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine ingredients in the following order: cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, yogurt, oil, water and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat ingredients together for two minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes or until it springs back after being touched lightly in the center.
For an even more chocolate-y experience, drizzle with a chocolate glaze. There are plenty of recipes for this kind of glaze online. This one works fairly well.
Bitter Sweet Chocolate Glaze
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
The Bundt cake should already be cooled and sitting on the serving platter before glazing.
- In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter, cream, and light corn syrup. Stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is satiny smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and immediately drizzle the glaze over the top of the Bundt cake, allowing the glaze to drip down the sides.